Thursday, April 21, 2011

So last weekend me and my mom and sisters went on our yearly girls weekend to St. George.  Here is part 1 of the highlights:

On the drive down, we stopped in a little town called Joseph, Utah.  It is where my Grandpa Gilbert was born and we have a lot of family history there.  I'd never been there and was quite interested in seeing this:

 This is the headstone marking the grave of my great grandmother who died when my grandpa was only 2.  I had always heard about her and was very excited to make a connection with her.

 This was an adorable General Store that has been turned into a hair solon.

 This was an old church house that has been turned into a reception hall, but I thought it was a very cute church house. 

And this is the random turkey that was walking across the road.  Apparently, in Joseph, you don't need to keep your animals fenced in.

We spent the first couple of days shopping and playing games.  Our sister in law, Lindsey, is pretty much the coolest person ever.  I want to be just like her when I grow up.   We played a really fun game, Bananagrams.  Lindsey is really good at it.  See?

 She uses really sophisticated language.

And she taught us a really fun card game called Spades.  We had a blast with that one.




Did I mention that we are totally hilarious?  We laughed the entire weekend.  We laughed till our stomachs hurt.

And we completed a totally scientific experiment...
You can't really see what we wrote on here.  But we did the chinese pencil test that tells you how many kids you are going to have and what order the gender will be.  Here is what we got:

Nikki:  Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl (8 kids total).  Nikki, you better get cracking on those last 5 kids.

Linds: Boy, Boy, Girl, Boy

Me:  Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl

Erica:  Boy, Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl (there may have been another boy at the end..I can't remember. )

And Courtney...I can't remember what she had...anyone remember?

Anyway, it was pretty crazy how the kids that we have had this far were 100% accurate.  Like I said...scientific. 

No comments: