Friday, May 6, 2011

Another thing we saw in Hawaii were a lot of birds.  Mostly chickens and roosters.  In fact, roosters wake you up at like 6 AM every morning with their constant cocka-doodle-doos.  Here are some pics:

The following story is very funny to me.  While we were looking at the lighthouse, there was a guy there who was freaking out about this little guy (the little white blob in the middle of the picture.)  I asked him what it was...he told me, "it's a red-footed boobie."  I, in return asked, "What...is that some sort of rare bird?"  I mean, he was freaking out as if he were seeing a dodo bird.  He looked at me as if i was the stupidest person in the world for asking that question.  "No, it's not a rare bird. (his voice is dripping with distain at this point.)  But how often do you get to see a red-footed boobie in it's nest?!!!"  Hmm...ok.  I turned and walked away.  Brad also sarcastically asked, "where's the boobie?!"It was definitely loud enough for the guy to here.  

Here is a picture of all the chickens that just roam the island.  THere were actually about 50 more just walking around our car. 

This little guy posed for a picture. 

 And the dang roosters.  

And we saw some cardinals.  They were pretty cute.  

Maybe someday I can be as cool as the guy who spotted the red-footed boobie. 

No comments: