Monday, June 13, 2011

Me, Erica, and Sam ran the Dirty Dash last weekend.  Although it was only a 5k, it seriously almost killed me.  It was a 5k on steroids.  Not only was the 1st mile pretty much up a muddy hill, but we were jumping over bales of hay, climbing through big tubes, climbing over walls, and running through mud pits.  The rest of the race was filled with knee highs through a field of tires, running through a marsh (where you're shoes picked up like 10 pounds of mud), climbing under nets, walking up a nasty nasty hill, slide down a slip and slide, and sloshing through a mud bog.  It was so much fun but definitely challenged me BIG time.  Thanks Erica and Sam for stickin with me even when I needed just one more break...


That's why they call this race the Dirty Dash.  I'll be doing it again next year. 

No comments: