Monday, August 29, 2011

As most of you know, I have been working 9 hr days everyday for the last couple of weeks at our rental house in Lehi.  Our tenants for the past 2 years moved out and had destroyed the place.  There was not one room we didn't have to do something in.  Here is a quick list of what we had to do to the house:

Tear out and redo the entire bathroom
Tear out carpet in 2 rooms where there was hardwood underneath
Refinish hardwood floors
Replace carpets in the hall and back two rooms
Tear out carpet in the kitchen area and replace with laminate
Paint the entire house
Redo moldings
Fix the fence gate
Weed the 6 ft weeds that had taken over the entire yard
CLEAN EVERYTHING
Replace window shutters
Replace a bedroom door that went missing...

Wait...Did i Say a quick list?  Oh yeah...that's right.  THere was nothing quick about what we had to do to this house except the time limit we had.  Did I mention we only have 3 weeks to do it in, and we were out of town for 4 days of that???

Oh did I also mention that Brad works 60 hrs a week?  Maybe you knew that.  With the help of my mom, my dad, Erica, Sam, Tyson, Scott and Kay, I have been able to do most of the house without him.  

Here are a few IN PROGRESS pics...

Front room after I ripped out the orange carpet, sanded the hardwoods, and painted the walls.  

Front Bedroom after I ripped out the TEAL carpet, sanded the hardwoods, and painted.

The kitchen linoleum being ripped up.  We had no idea that this awesome olive green linoleum was underneath.  

Mack's old bedroom after it had been painted...but before being recarpeted.  It still has brown shag in this pic.

 The bathroom with the shower ripped out.  We have since ripped out the vanity and mirror and have set in the brand new tub.

I can't wait for you all to see the before and after pics!! 

1 comment:

Rachel and Jason said...

Kylee. I am exhausted just reading that list. Seriously. It makes my back hurt. It already looks incredible! I hope you're getting your money's worth from your next tenants! Sheesh. Nice work!