Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This has been a big week for us.  Macy was blessed on Sunday morning.  We had so much support from people that had to wake up extra early for the long drive out to Tooele to make 9am church!  We seriously have the most amazing family.  Thank you EVERYONE!  Unfortunately, I wasnt very good at taking many pictures, but I did get a few:



Then today was Mack's very first day of Preschool.  I'm not going to lie...I was a bit nervous for him.  Not even 6 months ago he was so terrified to go to Nursery in church by himself that he would make himself throw up becuase he was crying so hard.  Can you say social anxiety?!  But this was our conversation today as we walked to preschool... (today by the way was the only day his teacher allowed parents to walk kids all the way inside.)

*We pulled up not even to the driveway yet...
Mack: Ok see ya mom.
Me: Wait...I get to walk you inside today and show you where to put your shoes. (you can't hear the desperation in my voice as I was trying to hold on as long as I could to the moment...)
*We walk inside and before I can even get his shoes off...
Mack: Ok see ya mom.
Me: Wait...can I at least have a kiss?
*A quick peck on the lips before he turned around and walked down the stairs.  Not even a second glance.

This whole thing was a lot harder on me that it was on him.  Then, when I went to pick him up two hours later and saw that he LOVED it and did amazing, I was relieved.  Here are his pictures from before school:

 Note...he has to have a backpack that big per his teachers request.  And you can't see what is on it, but you probably all guessed that it has Buzz Lightyear all over it.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Macy is a beauty and I can't believe Mack is old enough for preschool. Where has the time gone? I still feel like we're 18 and 19 getting ready to go to college! Yikes.

Gasaway Family said...

haha! Mack's and Daylen's pictures are almost identical, how funny! I can't believe he is already in preschool either, I'm glad he had fun. It makes it a little easier on us moms knowing our kids are enjoying themselves at school.

Meg said...

Believe me! There will be time for our girls nights. This schedule is nothing compared to last year. Let's get together! I miss you guys.

The Powells said...

I'm right there with you Kylee! Tyson starts German Kindergarten on Tuesday and I'M the one having the anxiety attacks. I think I'm going to be the one passing out when I take him to school. I've never been away from him and it's stressing me out! How are you doing with it now?

Lyndsey Brown said...

I love that he loved Preschool. :) Such a cutie. All the girls are gonna be after him. :)