Friday, July 15, 2011

I know I haven't posted all week.  There is are reasons for that.  

Reason #1.

Meet Franklin.  He is our new puppy.  He is a 7 week old Great Dane.  I've been following him around all week long working on potty training and making sure he doesn't chew on things.  He is a very mellow, very smart little guy.  He's not going to stay little for long.  He will be gaining about 15 lbs a month for the first year.  As soon as we bring Chavon (our Boston Terrier who has been living at Brad's parents house for too long) home on Sunday, he will have a friend to play with.


Reason #2.

Macy.  She will get into anything if you are not watching her.  Like this bottle of baby lotion she poured in my carpet while my back was turned.


I find taking care of babies and puppies are the same.  

While potty training, you have to take them potty every 30 minutes and give a treat when they go.

They will chew on things they aren't supposed to.

I look forward to nap times.

There are a lot more similarities...just know this is why I haven't done any blogging lately.  I haven't sat down in a week!  

2 comments:

Lyndsey Brown said...

Wait are you kidding??? Did you really get a GREAT DANE???? You realize that it will be the size of a horse right?? What were you thinking? And Macy is soo cute. :)

Rachel and Jason said...

Kylee! That is one beast of a dog! And he is SO cute! Oh my gosh. We've got major dog envy. Very fun! Congrats.