Monday, July 18, 2011

Some more home improvements lately...

I got my guest room started.  I painted the headboard...bought a new bed and bedding...and some simple white curtains.  I still need some small night stands, a pair of cute lamps, and a cute clock.

Then we started spreading top soil at our house this week.  I about killed myself doing it.  shoveling dirt from 11 am til 6 pm with only an hour break pretty much sucks.  Luckily next week we will have Kenny's tractor to do the back yard.  Next friday we are getting curbing done and the week after we will have grass!!!!! AMAZING!  

So what was everyone doing while brad and I were working?  

Franklin did this...slept.  ALL day long on the front porch.


Macy played in the dirt and mud. 

And Mack?  Well he was MIA.  He followed a neighborhood boy back to his house and they played in the back yard for a lot of the day. 

Making progress.  It's dang expensive, but we're doing it.  If only cash grew on trees...we could pay for someone to do all of this and have everything done this summer.  

Next summers agenda:
Fence
Deck
Rock patio in the back
Rock wall in front of the porch 

It will be an expensive summer next summer.

No comments: