Friday, September 16, 2011

I've been laying pretty low after last week.  As most of you know, last saturday was the day of the race.  This wasn't a race I was running...no no.  This was my baby.  I created this race.  From scratch.  I've been planning it since January.  I got my sponsors, had a website created (thanks kenny), did my advertising (which wasn't much this year), and planned every aspect of it.  And thanks to my amazing family for coming out the day before, we got everything put together and ready for the day of the race!  Here are some pictures to highlight it:

The medals I had made for the top 3 overall winners.  NO worries...they are real medal.  


Even waking up at 5 AM, my mom still looks happy and beautiful.

The finish line.  The starting line was up the canyon of the mountain behind.  it was a BEAUTIFUL canyon run.

Who in the world would give me a megaphone!??  

Even Cohen woke up at 5:30 AM to help out.  And he sure did help!

Courtney was a walking advertisement for me!  Note to self:  Next year, have people walk around with stickers on their shirt for free advertising. 

My "volunteers"

More of my "volunteers".  (my "volunteers" were all family.  So that's why I put quotations around it.  did they really have a choice?)

He's always happy.

And the early morning snuck up on Cohen.  He was out before 10AM. 

Brad got to drive on the four wheeler behind all of the runners to make sure that everything went ok. Steven rode a four wheeler in front of all of the runners to make sure that no cars were coming too fast around the canyon road.  

I'm celebrating...IT"S OVER!


Racers got race bags with nice shirts, car decals, two very night plastic water bottles from sponsors, and a few other free things in their bags.  It was a HUGE success.  I'm already starting to think about next year.  I had about 80 runners this year.  I bet I can double that for next year.  I had so much amazing, positive feedback from my runners.  Not one bad piece of feedback.  They said it was all well organized, a beautiful route, and professionally executed.  Yay!  Looking forward to another great year next year!  (Although...I'm looking forward to a few months off!)

2 comments:

Rachel and Jason said...

Wow, Kylee! This is a HUGE accomplishment! Go you! That is so very awesome. Nice work :)

Rachel Hair said...

Way to go Kylee!! I've always wanted to put on a race. Wish I would have been there to participate. Maybe someday if you keep doing it!