Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ok...here are the more drastic changes to the house in Lehi that we made.  

Here is the front bedroom Before:


After:
 We ripped up the teal carpet to find original hardwoods from the 50's.  I refinished them in a dark stain, painted, hung new blinds, and some added molding around the bottom.  It was a LONG process.

Here is the before pic of the front room:
(notice the awesome orange carpet...)


 After:
 We pulled up the orange carpet here to find hardwoods too.  I did them the same way with refinishing them with a dark stain, painted, and added some molding.  I had no idea how to refinish a hardwood floor.  I only read the instructions on the back of the stain...and I didn't even follow them.  I think they turned out pretty good!

And now for the grand finale...

THE BATHROOM. 
Here is is before:  Only a shower, an old vanity, and ugly mirror, and some old linoleum.



The after:
Sorry the lighting isn't so good.  But we ripped out the shower, put in a great new tub and tile surround, a brand new vanity, painted, tiled the floor, and hung a new mirror.  Basically, the only thing we left in the bathroom was the toilet. 

Brad and Scott did an AMAZING job in the bathroom.  It looks like a brand new bathroom.  

I am SO glad we are done.  I have such an amazing family who jumped in to help.  I even got Steven out there 2 days!! (he only supervised...)

4 comments:

Linds said...

Looks amazing! Those are some lucky renters!!!

Andy, Suzette,Addie,Jack said...

HOLY COW!!! Dang girl, that looks so awesome!!!! I would totally rent that house from you if I lived in Lehi still. Way to go I am seriously impressed!!!!

Steven said...

I think I went out 3 times. Haha

Rachel Hair said...

Awesome! I love the hardwood floors. The hard work has definitely paid off