Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm HOME!!!

Wow...a week and 10 pounds later (or so it feels), I am finally home from my wonderful Caribbean cruise! Here is a little recap of what I did...
1. Cozumel Mexico-Our first stop...we didnt do much except for shop around. Although...the highlight of my trip...I got to play with a spider monkey!!! It was sooo cool. The little thing was climbing all over me!

2. Roatan, Honduras-This was the most beautiful place that we went to on our tour!! While me and Kay laid on a beautiful, white sand beach, the boys went scuba diving. Then we had our driver drive us around the island and showed us different spots, including one of the LDS churches.

3. Progreso, Mexico-We drove 2 hours to the Mayan ruins, Chichen-Itza. There, we hired an LDS tour guide...it was absolutely amazing. He told us first the popular archeological theories on everything, and then told us the LDS point of view. let me give an example...There is this building called Templo de los Guerreros, or temple of the warriors. surrounding the buildings are tons and tons of columns, that it was said to be a roadway to the marketplace. In reality, there are exactly two thousand columns, all with warriors carved in each one. LDS point of view? A tribute to the two thousand stripling warriors! Absolutely amazing. It was very spiritual. After leaving there, we had our driver take us to the LDS temple in Merida.


It was a lot of fun, but it is really great to be home. Lots to do now...school starts this week, lots of yard work to do, and real life to get back to.

4 comments:

jeannie said...

Hey girlie!! WOW what a fun trip! Just wanted to say hi! your baby is so cute!! One of these days we will have a little reunion! Can't wait!

Meg said...

I'm so glad you're home!! Yey! Lets do lunch soon. I want to hear all about your cruise. You look super tan woman!

The Powells said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go do those cruises and hike the the Aztec and Inca ruins. Glad that you had fun - how was it leaving Mack for that long?

Rachel and Jason said...

Ky-
Sounds like you had a blast on your cruise. I keep making Jason promise me he'll take me on one when I get through with school. I think he just tells me "OK" to keep me quiet. Did I read that you're going back to school? How exciting! What are you doing? Are you finishing up your degree or starting a new one? Good for you! Pretty much school is all I do...I just dream about days when I won't have to study for a test or practical! Gotta go...studying on a Friday night. Give me the update!