Sunday, June 15, 2008

10 Things I've Learned From Being A Mom

I have learned TONS from becoming a mom...here are the top ten:

I have learned:


To always accept the soggy cheerios from a toddler’s outstretched hand…they are unprompted tokens of affection and appreciation.



That when blowing bubbles with your toddler, they stick to shag carpet REALLY well...(thanks to my house built in the 50's and remodeled in the 70's, I have shag carpet everywhere!)



That dirt will not kill you if you eat it...I turned out ok when I ate it, so I can't stress about every single thing that my son decides to put in his mouth...only the dangerous stuff!



There is no greater joy than the sound of your child’s giggles, especially when it happens because Daddy or Grandpa did something funny and childish.


Watching my husband getting excited because he can bring Teddy Grahams home from work now for his kid, or he can start teaching him how to play catch makes me fall in love with him all over again!



Fishy crackers and cheerios never get old


Mammy kisses are magic.


Nothing can prepare you for the heartbreak of hearing or seeing your child in pain, especially when it’s a pain that you can’t make go away with magic kisses.



My heart is bigger than I could have ever imagined.



That my own mom was even more amazing that I ever realized, because now, I understand.



I know that it's fathers day, and I have had such a wonderful father who has taught me sooo much in my lifetime. Now I have Brad who is such a great father for our son Mack. I have just learned so much from these last 9 months, especially since my son is doing new things every single day. I'm very greatful for both of my parents!!

No comments: