Monday, December 20, 2010

Hey All!  So this is my last Top 10 Christmas List for this year.  This week's top 10 list...10 Reasons why Christmas is the BEST Holiday.  So here it is Folks!!!

Top 10 Reasons why Christmas is the BEST Holiday:

10.  Movies and Music

I love being able to watch amazing movies and listen to great music all month long.  I mean we've already been over this...there are some great christmas movies and music.  It just adds to the joyous atmosphere!

9.  Indoor Christmas Decor

I LOVE being able to put Christmas decorations up.  I love even more that Mack get's so excited for it too. It is time we get so spend as a family (putting up the christmas tree).  Not to mention, my house is still in a huge need for decoration since I'm slowing getting around to it, but putting up Christmas decor kind of makes my house look fuller for at least a month.  Although I do dread January when I have to take everything down and my house looks empty again.  BOOO JANUARY!

8.  Christmas Lights

My family LOVES christmas lights.  EVerything about them.  Although, people, I do have some pet peeves about christmas lights.  If you are going to use mutli color, use ALL multi color.  If you are going for the classic white light look, use all classic white lights.  I HATE when I see white lights on the house, then different single color strands (all blue, which is the worst, or all red etc. ) on bushes.  I also hate when lights aren't straight on houses.  But I digress.  Oh well.  It's the effort that counts.  I wish more people would put up christmas lights!

7.  Food

Bon Bons, fudge, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, peppermint, homemade chocolate covered toffee, peanut butter kiss cookies etc etc etc. Enough said.

6.  Smells

I LOVE the smell of cinnamon and pine.  So yummy.

5.  Presents

I'm not going to lie...I love getting presents.  Anyone who tells you that they don't are lying.  BUT, I love to GIVE presents more.  I can honestly say that I am more excited to give Brad his presents.  THat may just be because I have no idea what I am getting.  I also love to see Mack's face when he opens each present that Santa gives him.  Priceless.

4.  Family

Christmas is the time for families gathering.  Or at least it should be.  I love having the excuse to hang around my family more often.

3.  The Anticipation of a White Christmas

Every child wants to wake up to a white christmas.  As a little kid, I seriously used to pray for a miracle in Seattle.  I don't think I had a white christmas until I moved to Utah as an adult.  Now, after christmas, I hate snow.  But it sure does add to the christmas spirit.

2.  Christmas lasts all Month Long!

I LOVE THIS ABOUT CHRISTMAS!  Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving, officially.  FOr me, it starts November 1st when I start listening to Christmas music.  BUT, I think most people are ok with it officially starting at the end of November and lasting all the way through December.  It is the best.

1.  The Magic of Santa

There is nothing more fulfilling around Christmas than seeing Mack get sooo excited for Santa Claus.  He loved seeing him at the mall.  and at his preschool.  He came home from preschool with a bag of peanuts from his teacher for the reindeer to eat.  And as a parent, the magic of santa becomes so real again, just as if I were a little kid again.  In our house, the minute you say that santa isn't real anymore, he stops coming.  No more presents. (Also, part of the magic is being able to threaten your kid with a call to Santa to tell him that your kid is being bad...instant behavior change.  It's amazing.)

Well everyone, I know this is kind of a lengthy, wordy, list.  But I love Christmas.  It's the best. I probably used the word 'love' about 500 times in this post.

So I've had so much fun with these top ten lists, I'm going to keep doing it.

Next weeks Top 10 List:  10 Places I Want to Be on New Years Eve

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Celebrating the birth of Christ and all that He did for us is pretty good too. I am sure if this were a top 11 list, He would have made it.