Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So the other night I got a major craving for something chocolatey.  It was getting kind of late, so I wanted something easy.  And I've been looking for some new ways to use my Nutella that I love oh so much.  I found this recipe over at What's Cookin? for some Chocolate Nutella Cookies.  They looked super yummy.   Brad and I ate all 3 dozen that they made in less than 24 hours.  Right out of the oven...they were SOOO GOOD!  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of Nutella
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and Nutella then mix well, scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each. Add the vanilla and mix for 10 seconds. Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda Add to the butter mixture, fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and refrigerate the dough for ten minutes. Spoon tablespoon-sized drops of dough onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for a minute or two before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.

Now I didn't use the hazelnuts, but they still turned out SO good.  But because Brad says he doesn't really rate cookies, I had to ask his sister Jessie.  


Jessie's Cookie Rating:  4 out of 5 stars

Try them.  Soon. 

5 comments:

Neha said...

Hey Kylee! I love your blog and think your latest recipe looks so yummy. I had a question. How many sticks of butter did you use? Bc I found a similar recipe on another site saying to use 1 and 1/2 sticks. Did you end up using 1/2 a stick or 1 and 1/2 sticks?

Neha said...

oh yeah, here's the link: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chocolate_nutella_cookies/

Kylee Brown said...

Hey Neha! I only used 1/2 a stick, but I'm sure adding more butter to that recipe sure won't hurt! Simply Recipes is a great site for recipes. I love it!

Jesse said...

YUM! Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to make it!

Jamie said...

My first thought was YUM, but I am not going to make them because I don't want eat them all gone!! Yet, here I am printing off the recipe, about to make them with my girls. Thanks! (I might have to give them away before I eat too many, though. :)