Monday, November 8, 2010

So I decided that every Monday from now til Christmas I'm going to be doing a series of what I like to call "My Top 10 Christmas Lists".  The thought first came to me when I was listening to Christmas music all the way down to Utah County and back the other day. The thought came to me...there are a lot of really horrible christmas songs out there!  But those are all made up for by some amazing classics.  So I started listing the 10 worst christmas songs ever made.  Here is what I came up with:

10 Worst Christmas Songs Ever Made

10.  Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

It's just so hick.

9.  You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch

I know the point of the movie is that the Grinch has no christmas spirit, but they don't really need to spread the non-holiday cheer by playing this song on the radio.  

8.  Pat-a-Pan -It's a French Folk Christmas Song.

SOO BORING. 

7.  Mary Did You Know?

For some reason, I've just never caught onto this song.  

6.  Little Drummer Boy

Too repetitive.  I've never liked it. 

5. Blue Christmas by Elvis

What a downer song!  That is so not what christmas is all about!

4.  I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause by Jimmy Boyd

This rendition is so creepy.  The kids voice just freaks me out. 

3. Last Christmas I gave you my Heart by Wham

Again...this is a very downer song. 

2.  Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney

It says the same thing over and over again.  I wish they wouldn't play this song so much!


And the top worst christmas song of all time is....

1.  Feliz Navidad

Seriously...It really does say the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....and I swear it never ends. It's one of those songs where you change the station for like 10 minutes and then you go back to the station and it's still on. 


Next Week's List: Top 10 BEST Christmas Songs Ever Made!

6 comments:

Lyndsey Brown said...

Kylee you totally forgot Hey Santa by Wilson Phillips. It is the worst Christmas Song Ever. Along with the Christmas Shoes Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8NYJ0bZ1c

Meg said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the last two songs, Wonderful Christmas Time and Feliz Navidad...those songs get old so fast!

Yeah for Christmas time though! I pretty much listen to 106.5 FM all through Nov and Dec. :)

Meg said...

or maybe it's 106.9 -- I get the stations mixed up all the time.

Kenny said...

Scroooooogggggeeeee!!!!!

And is "Mary Did You Know?" really a Christmas Song? I don't think so. Furthermore, you picked an awful version of the song. It sounds like he is saying "Mary, DO you know".. yeah, it is bad.

But all Christmas music is bad up until the forth Friday in November.

Kirstin said...

Oooh, this is going to be a fun tradition!

And, Mary Did You Know is one of my all time favorites! (But I concur with the rest of your list...)

Unknown said...

so you know, you totally bached this list. What about the chipmunks and the stupid one the kids choir sings? and elvis and paul's songs are classics.

I think you should redo this list.