Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So we had a long and horrible drive to and from Washington this last weekend.  We left Thursday right after dinner and didn't get there til Friday night for the viewing.  It took us 18 hours to get there and about 20 to get back.  The roads were horrible, Tyson had car problems, and it was freezing cold.  But we did have a great time seeing family and celebrating the life of my grandfather.  He will be greatly missed.

 We took a drive by the place where my dad grew up for the first time.  It was a pretty barren place, but this is a picture of the house he grew up in.  He showed us where they farmed and where some childhood stories took place.  
 Cohen thought he was allowed to drive.
 I was the only one with these pictures.  They did a full veteran honors at my grandpa's funeral. Afterwards, I was fortunate to get a shell casing from one of the shots. 


 I literally ran in heels, shin-deep in snow to get these pictures for my mom because there wasn't any time to get my snow boots on. 


 This is a picture of most of the grandkids and great-grandkids.

No comments: