Monday, January 24, 2011

So I've been obsessed the last little bit with starting to do a little more decorating around the house, but definitely on a budget.  I have like a 3 page list of things I want for this house, and it seems everytime I cross one off, another one gets added.  So here are a couple of little things I have done lately:


Macy's Room:
 I FINALLY got the butterfly chandelier from Pottery Barn that I have been salivating over since I found out I was having a girl.  I'm loving it. 

Mack's Room:
 I got him some cute ABC hooks from Pottery Barn to hang on his huge wall in his room...

 And he painted a picture on a 16x20 canvas.  He titled it 'Square Rainbow". It's a Mack Brown Original.
 I still have to figure out what is going on the other side of it...it's a huge wall. 

My new OLD lamp:

SO Brad was cleaning out the garage last week.  i found two lamps in there I forgot I had.  I've been looking for lamps everywhere but you can't find a stinkin lamp for under $50.  SOOO...
 I bought a gray $10 lamp shade at WalMart...

 Here the yucky brushed bronze color it was before...

 And I spray painted it with a glossy black!  OH I LOVE HOW IT SHINES!

And I got some black ribbon and hot glued it around the top and bottom of the shade to add a little bit of character.  

It looks way better in real life.  And it looks amazing on the desk that mom and dad got for me and brad for christmas. 

Upcoming Projects:

1.  Redo Bigger lamp that I found in my garage
2.  Redo the ugly lamp we have in our bedroom (can you tell I love redoing lamps?  way way cheaper than buying a new one and they look brand new!)
3.  Refinish the Queen Headboard that I bought off KSL
4.  Refinish the huge china hutch we have in our kitchen (this is going to be a huge project...I'm a little scared.)

Brad's projects:
1.  Build my entertainment center (in progress)
2.  Put in Yard/fence/deck
3.  Build shelves and cabinets in the garage

That shouldn't be too hard right? hehe I have a huge honey-do list for him. It never get's smaller. 

I have lots of fun stuff that I am doing around the house soon.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Rachel Hair said...

Holy smokes! Busy lady. The rooms look great and the lamp! I'm so bad I don't even start a list, but you are giving me some ideas. Especially for poor Austin's room that gets no attention. Maybe I'll be more motivated once we have a house!