Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So since Tuesday nights are our FHE nights at our house (since brad works monday's til 11PM), I was scrounging for a treat to make for last night.  I couldn't decide between rice krispie treats and special K bars (OOH SO GOOD!)  Well since I didn't want to go to the grocery store to get the stuff I didn't have for special K bars, I decided to make a hybrid of the two.  So here is this yummy recipe!!



Peanut Butter Cup Bars (The name is still open for suggestions...)

1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 bag of Reese's peanut butter chips

Over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the karo syrup.  Remove from heat and add the peanut butter until it is mixed well.  Add the rice krispies.  Spread in the bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan.  in a medium sauce pan on low heat, combine the chocolate chips and pb chips, stirring constantly (so that they dont burn) until melted.  Spread over the top and let set.

They are oh so good.  Let me know what you think.  Brad and Mack cant stop eating them.  And let me know what I should call them.  BTW, I'm sure I'm not the very first person to invent this recipe...but in my mind, I am.  so good for me.

No comments: